Snakes and Crawlers
With Red and Orange Colors
The animal kingdom is full of color and variety and these creepy crawlies are no exception.
While not a big fan of these carnivorous reptiles myself, they do have their own beauty... Also included here are other wigglies like millipedes or worms.
Some colors range from deep auburn and deep red to brilliant orange and bright red and in between... so I wanted to list them below
as my crawly 'honorary red heads'.....
|Banded or Southern Water s.|
|Russells viper (or tic polonga or daboia)|
Millipedes are actually 'arthropods' (they have multiple pairs of legs).
IF YOU GET BITTEN -- FIRST AID TIPS...
(Just in case!)
- Call 911 for help OR drive to emergency room immediately!
- Do NOT suck out venom, cut the bite, use ice on wound, or use a tourniquet
- Keep the bite below heart level
- Loosen tight clothing and jewelry from affected arm or leg
- Wash the bite area with soap and water
- Watch for shock and treat appropriately until you get help
- If the reptile 'biter' is dead (be sure!), safely bring it to the ER in a heavy bag or, even safer, take a picture of it with a cell phone or camera
Go to "Red Insects" | See "Red Birds" | Go to "Red Fish/Marine Life"
Go to "Red Horses" | See "Red Dogs" | Go to "Orange Cats"
Go to "Animal Kingdom - Critters" main page
Leave "Snakes" and go to "Home Page"