Red Insects: Honorary Red Heads
....eewwww... Red Insects.
This page is for all those bug lovers out there. I decided to make a separate page of these creepy crawlies so you can actually CHOOSE whether or not to look at them.
WHY include bugs? Well, fair is fair. Although I prefer the warm and fuzzy mammal types like cats, dogs, horses, bunnies, etc....actually, some of the red/orange/auburn creatures are quite beautiful in their own way.
I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder!
|Arethusana arethusa, False Grayling||Ellopia fasciaria, Barred Red||Butterfly|
|2-spot ladybird||5-spot ladybird||7-spot ladybird|
|Cardinal beetle||Monarch butterly||Red spider on web|
TRAVELING TIPS FOR HOTELS:
-- Avoid BEDBUGS !! Some little red insects have been causing grief for travelers. Often seen in other countries but formerly rare in USA, Canada, UK, etc., they are now making a comeback! These little parasitic bugs are now causing major problems for travelers, especially in hotels, motels, dorms, on cruises, clinics, and homes. Did you know that single female bedbug can make into your home and multiply to 30,000 in 6 months?! AAck! Adult bedbugs are reddish brown or redder after ingesting blood and younger ones almost clear. According to Adam Greenberg (president of online retailier USBedbugs.com), you can protect your household when traveling by:
(Source: familycircle.com, Sept.2011)
- Research hotels before you confirm reservations. Tripadvisor.com and Bedbugregistry.com are good info sources.
- Print a photo of a bedbug to keep in your bag when traveling so you know what to look for.
- Pack a portable LED flashlight, magnifying glass or camera with a good zoom function to inspect your room at check-in.
- Search between the mattress and box spring, behind the headboard and under the nightstand drawer. Bedbugs hid, so you may only see the black spots they leave behind (look like mold spots).
- Bring a variety of zipper-top plastic bags and store your stuff inside when not in use.
- Search home mattresses for bedbugs every time you change the sheets.
See "Red Birds" | Go to "Red Fish/Marine Life"
Go to "Red Horses" | See "Red Dogs" | Go to "Orange Cats" | See "Snakes"
Go to "Animal Kingdom - Critters" main page
Leave "Red Insects" and go to "Home Page"